IDrive is fast and awesome backup service. If you are looking for fast and secure backup service then IDrive is one for you!
IDrive is the backup service offered by Pro Softnet, the same company which offered IBackup. IDrive does not lack up in any feature and make it amazing service to be used by individuals and businesses. It is famous among consumers due to its features and reasonable pricing plans.
In order to talk more about it, I am writing IDrive review which will help you to know and understand the amazing features of IDrive.
I can assure you guys then you won’t regret after going through and using this service. Let’s explore that how?
Now lets start reviewing IDrive and let you guys know about this amazing backup service.
IDrive backup service offers a free account for individuals without the need of credit cards to be added. The free version gives you 5 GB storage space with synchronization features to unlimited devices. This free package makes it eye catching and famous for individual consumer. Sign up for Free account here!
In order to sum up the points of my review, I am listing all the major areas which are to be discussed further are as follows;
- File Backup
- File Restoration
- Features List
- Pricing Plans
Since you all know that IDrive is cloud-based service which has accessibility to multiple servers and can handle large number of traffic easily. You won’t face any issues related to its service or downtime problems.
It let you choose your own encryption key as a default feature which makes your data fully secure. Whenever you set your own encryption key then make sure to keep it fully complex to keep your data at utmost security. However, if you are not satisfied with encryption key then you can also add a password to your data as additional security level.
iDrive let you customize your backup files, but if you do not customize your backup then it will automatically saves the default folders of your computer. Moreover, it gives you scheduling feature which is called Scheduler which let you schedule your on-going backups.
Continuous Data Protection is another amazing feature of IDrive which let you take backup of important files after every 10 minutes to keep them secure and recoverable with latest most update.
Another amazing backup feature is Real-Time backup feature. The Real-Time backup feature will allow the software to recognize the changes, if any, and update the backup files in real time.
File Restoration is another important aspect which is supposed to be addressed in this review. In order to restore/retrieve data, it uses IDrive Web Client. The restoration interface is quiet simple and user-friendly.
It gives you the list of all backup in easy to read format which will allow you to decide which format to choose. It also let you choose the version of backup which you want to retrieve. Since the versions of files may have different information in different formats.
Ones you have selected the file to restore then you will need to enter the encryption key in order to decrypt your files and folders to store on your computer.
The IDrive’s web client also allows you to upload the files and folders. Uploading is really simple as you only need to drag and drop the files.
Apart from IDrive’s web client, you can use IDrive’s desktop software for restoring your files and folders with few additional features.
Now let me list out all the features of IDrive here so that you can get to know all the amazing features of it here in this list;
Back Up Files
- Incremental and Compressed Backups: It let you choose backup in smaller quantities to easily transfer data from your computer to IDrive without putting demand on your internet connection
- Real Time Backup: Automatically detects changes in backed up files and make changes in real time or you can choose Continuous Data Protection backup intervals down to 10 minutes
- Remote Management: It also let you manage your backup files and accounts remotely
- Manual Uploading: Use Drag and Drop feature to upload files to your backups manually
- Security: IDrive uses industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption and let users to create their own encryption for maximum security. It does not store user’s encryption key on their servers. Whenever users go for restoration, it retrieve encryption key from user’s local computer.
- Sub-Accounts: You can create sub-accounts backups and storage which can be managed from administrative dashboard
- Permanent Storage: All the data on IDrive are permanently stored unless moved to trash folder.
- Gallery Quick View: It let you view photos in Gallery view to choose items which are supposed to be restored
- Versions: It let you select the versions of files which you want to restore.
- Sharing: It let you share your files and folders on social media using your email ID
- Video Streaming: IDrive also allows you to watch streaming videos stored on your IDrive account
- Mobile Access: It is available for iOS and Android so that means you can view and edit your backed up files from your iOS and Android devices
- Deleted Files: IDrive allows you to restore deleted files from trash for a period of up to 30 days.
Now lets talk about the pricing plans of IDrive which I have discussed below;
It has three plans which are; Free, Personal, and Personal 10 TB
- 5 GB Storage
- Synced to all devices
- No Credit Card Needed
- 1000 GB Storage Space
- 1 TB Syncing Space
- 10000 GB Storage Space
- 10 TB Syncing Space
IDrive is specially recommended for those who have multiple devices and wants online backup with top-notch security. It is really fast, reliable, and secure service to be used. It let you backup files from unlimited machines though with limited account storage.
As whole, it is a service that worth your time and money.
If you have any queries or want to get your doubts cleared related to IDrive. Then feel free to approach us as we are here to listen and solve your queries.
Don’t forget to share it!